Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sony Alpha Experience

Hi everyone! Sorry for neglecting the blog for a few days 'cause I've been busy with post-birthday celebration (which I will blog about soon!) and Sony Alpha Experience during the weekend. I shall blog about the latter event today.

I was invited by Glen to the event and thanks Sony for allowing their users to bring a person along with them to the event, I took up some essential skills here and there during the talks and truly grateful for the experience as this is the first time ever I've attended a photography workshop. FYI, this workshop would cost RM320 for non-Sony users.

It was held at Zebra Square. Don't fret, we didn't know such place existed too. Had a hard time getting there on the first day but the second day went smoother with all the lessons learnt from day 1.

Day 1

This workshop was really packed with exciting activities. Upon registration, we've got goodie bags which included a camera cloth in a really cute pouch with Sony Alpha camera printed on the front and a recycle bag, which looks like one of those tote bags as if you're carrying a camera. Glen and I really appreciate Sony's effort in these little details.

The most exciting part about the workshop would be its sponsors and key speakers!

The sponsors are :

GUESS



Wing Choon Martial Arts Association 

Maserati 

Add caption
Aprilia 


Vespa 

Harley Davidson 

and Ducati 

whereas the key speakers are : 

Michael Yamashita (USA) - National Geographic photographer for 30 years

 Gary L. Friedman ( USA ) - Highly acclaimed photography e-books author 

Melisa Teo ( Singapore ) - globetrotting photographer, Motoyuki Ohtake ( Japan ) - world patent champion optical designer & lens engineer, and a few other Malaysian photographers in different fields such as car commercial, wedding, architecture and photo editing. All of them are experienced and willing to share their stories with us regarding their photography journey. 
A few events that took place on the first days were: 


latin dance 



Guess 2013 spring collection 
this angel is my favourite model!
and ballet dance 

It was rather challenging to take this as I was sitting at the back. 


This may be the funniest part; Glen and I took the wrong bus and ended up at the isolated area of Ampang (where 3 suspicious Bangladesh guys came along), had to wait for another bus which goes to Bukit Bintang and it was a long looooooooooooong journey home.

Day 2

So...Glen called me at 7:50am to inform me he would be slightly late, which couldn't compare to me because I was still in my bed. Too damn tired okay, I don't usually oversleep. Rushed to Masjid Jamek station as usual.

Gary Friedman started off the workshop at 10am and followed by these :

contemporary dance





















Guess 2013 summer collection, which I did not take a photo because...




















belly dance and a few talks by renowned photographers.

Here are a few shots which I'm pretty proud of from the event! Enjoy.










Not to forget, we got 2 8GB memory cards for FREE! Sony is really generous in this event. Unfortunately, the event fell flat on its face during the prize giving ceremony, where we think the winners for automotive and people&emotion simply don't deserve the prizes. I'm pretty sure you'd think the same if you were to see their work! It made some of us feel dejected even!

Well, all in all, it was an awesome and memorable event. Thank you Sony! 

No comments: