Monday, March 11, 2013

Not a typical Sunday

It's been too long that I haven't woken up at 5a.m on a Sunday morning... Or any morning in this matter. However, I had to wake up at 5am yesterday as we had to head to Central Park at 5:45am. Participants of Run For Sight were supposed to gather at 6:30am, which to my surprise, the punctuality was met. At 6:30am sharp the sign up counters opened and by 7:00am we had warm-up session led by Celebrity Fitness trainers. I almost refused to warm-up to One Direction and Nicki Minaj. Oh well.

The run started when Katrina wanted to blindfold me for photos but all of a sudden, we heard the honk. So I started the blindfold first unexpectedly. LOL. We finished the 5KM run within half an hour, I guess being blindfolded helped a lot since we couldn't see what was ahead of us which eliminated doubts.

Realisation : Life without sight is pretty difficult. This is also when you have to build trust in the person who assists you, have faith that they won't let you be harmed. I also felt why do some visual-impaired people feel as if they're nuisance , because they indeed need to be dependent at first before they get the hang of it. Losing sight to me felt a lot like losing a treasure from God. It felt terrible I almost wept. But I'm glad it wasn't true. My belief is now stronger than ever; I love my life and I won't take anything for granted, including God-given senses or people in my life. I vow to take care of my own body, love people surround me and be kind to people with any form of disability. I vow to learn from them and radiate more positivity to people who need it. I vow to pay back to the society via volunteering.

Moving on, we headed to Mid Valley for A special moving screening organised by Seventeen, exclusive for Seventeen girl crew! Oz The Great and Powerful is indeed a good movie, go catch the movie while it's still showing at the cinemas! My favourite character is nonetheless China Doll because she is too adorable. (She doesn't have a name).


Then, we went to Plan B for lunch where Kat and Pei Ying planned a surprise for me. I was told by Pei Ying that Kat had stomachache so she went to toilet when I was back from the washroom. I actually believed it, LOL, I mean, why wouldn't I, right? They suprised me with tiramisu, green tea and fruit cakes. :)

Below are some photos to your entertainment.


China Doll from Oz The Great and Poweful

Wonderful memories :')

Tickets to the special movie screening :D




After the run.



Second round of cakes for my birthday.

One of the birthday presents from Katrina! :)


They're pro in Ice Hockey already. LOL

No comments: