Monday, July 1, 2013

School of Scaring

So, for the past 3 weeks I've been involved in volunteering events whereby I attended my very first wish arranged by Make-A-Wish Malaysia and followed by second and third! The first one was at Hilton, second was held in Kidzania and the third was a party organised by yours truly at Jungle Gym!

It really made my purpose in life clear; to help the less fortunate and give back to the society because I've always been lucky. I have everything I need and it's about time to help those in need when I'm able to. I've also helped out at MAWM office to input data into the database and make the office a better place. Something simple yet fulfilling. :) I can proudly say I've been productive during the hols when my degree starts in two months time.

The first wish was fun and something I've never done before; becoming a temporary clown to make kids happy. Haha! It was a rush wish so we did not manage to hire a clown to entertain them, therefore, we became clowns to keep the kids occupied and make the experience memorable. I hope it was a great one for them! Buffet was yummy too!



Ding and I as clowns! You'll only see this once right here. 



The variety of food at the buffet at Vasco's, Hilton KL. (Sorry for the bad quality because I was avoiding getting caught by the staff for taking photos outside / people who crowd to see a "clown" taking food lol) 

The second wish took place at Kidzania. Went around Kidzania from 4-9 p.m and I have to say, it's a paradise for kids! I would die to go there if it were built when I was younger! Here are some photos : 





The music parade we created for her as a surprise! The theater trainers at Kidzania together with the kids at the theater training performed around on the 1st floor and eventually everyone joined. :D 



Here comes the third wish!
Katrina's classes were cancelled due to haze and she came over to help out for the wish preparation and joined us. We decorated the party room in Jungle Gym and sneaked into the playroom later on. It was very fun considering we had never been to a playroom when we were young. Lol.

       Us in the playroom full of...balls. 
        A group photo with the wish child's family and sponsors from Rotary Club, Bangsar (because looking at the camera is too mainstream). 

Last but not least, on Saturday we were inviited to a movie screening by Student Engagement Centre (SEC) and it was Monsters University! Beyond awesome. It brings back childhood memories and thanks TalkFilm, SEC and TGV (along with other partners and staff behind this event) for making it happen! Great choice of movie and amazing hospitality. We were provided with a popcorn set (regular popcorn and large drink) on each seat itself in the theater, we didn't even have to redeem it ourselves! How convenient. (Okay, we were also encourage to take more free popcorn. LOL).

-Sorry la no photos for this one because it was dark and I was enjoyin' mai popcorn. 

ANDDDD I've got these from London. Love love love! 

Till I have something new to update, baaaiii!

HAPPY JULY.


Here's my face to (hopefully) brighten up your day? Haha. Oh, I hand-knitted the beanie myself. :) 

No comments: