Monday, July 15, 2013

I don't geddit

Right now I'm feeling a little perplexed thinking about how some human beings behave. Maybe there isn't a manual on how each and everyone of us should respect each other, but shouldn't it be instilled in us since we attended school?

There are so many incidents where I'd been mistreated by people who are older than me, specifically in their 30s or 40s. Usually elderly who are > 50 would be so very friendly to me.

I'm just gonna briefly described what had happened to me in the past, without disclosing where and who (not that I know their names anyway), because if you were in my shoes, I bet you would feel the same.

Incident 1 

This actually happened back when I was 16, my parents were overseas so I had to go to school on my own by cab. In the morning when I was outside of my apartment waiting for a cab, this school bus stopped at the taxi stand. I went further down and a cab stopped for me. Out of nowhere this lady gave me a killer stare as if I killed her father. She was real pissed off and whenever she sees me now, she would go further up (near the one-way entrance) just to approach a cab. What should I do back then, tell the cab driver I don't want to take the cab anymore knowing I was close to being late to school?!

Incident 2 

This happened at a mamak stall. This man came after me and we were both buying food. There's this glass panel where it slides and my hand was on the other side, he pushed the glass all the way where it almost hit my hand. Thank God I saw it coming and moved my hand (it could've been injured). Not only did he tell the waiter to give him rice first when he came after me, he HAD to do this. Now whenever he sees me, he looks at me with "that look" as if I was the one at fault.

Incident 3 

This is the mother of all racist issues. Happened in Malacca where this man just screamed at my friend saying chinese are blablabla (you can figure it out). I'm not gonna tell the whole incident here because it's just SO racist and humiliating and undeniably a total disgrace to Malaysians. There were Caucasians around too.

My ultimate question is, WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHTS TO MISTREAT YOUNGSTERS?

Don't you have better things to do than to mistreat someone who is noticeably 20-30 years younger than you? Don't you feel ashamed?

I'm not gonna lie but I treat people with due respect. After witnessing or experiencing all this, how do I respect this kind of human beings again?

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a damn whether you received education or not for being rude, I don't give two hoots if you hate me either, but I've had enough.

No comments: