Saturday, January 17, 2015

Living life on a fast track

Lately I feel that... Life is flashing so fast right in front of my eyes. 

When I first entered year 1, I volunteered to be the class representative. Thinking I could be the change I wished to see (hopefully I did) and not knowing or expecting what could come next. Of course there were ups and downs which I'm so proud of myself for overcoming all of those, if not I wouldn't be where I am today (and I still strive to improve ). There were conflicts and backstab but looking back, it doesn't matter even the slightest anymore. If anything I would like to grab a popcorn looking at the flashback if I had to and watch it like a comedy. 

3 months before Year 2 I was nominated to join the SRC (Student Representatitve Council) and MedSoc, I'm so grateful where I ended up and can't thank God enough for all the lessons learnt and priceless experience. From there, I started knowing a lot more people from different walks of life, faculties and people of all sorts of personalities. I started to gain a lot more understanding and patience dealing with them. I also learnt to adapt to busy life like rushing to 2 meetings on the same day after a long day of classes from 8am-4pm (sometimes even right after exam), months of event planning, preparations before event after classes, or even organizing an event via email during my meal time. Busy but contented I would say. I love it because I know I'm living life with a purpose; to serve and to pursue my dream. 

Beside, I love the opportunities that MAHSA Helping Hands grant me with. Volunteering has always been near to my heart but I've stopped volunteering at Make-A-Wish Malaysia ever since I've joined MBBS due to my hectic schedule. But being in the Helping Hands family gives me the greatest chance of volunteering at all different organizations which scheduled perfectly according to our holidays and free time. This makes me feel as if everything is perfectly planned out for me. 

Moving on from university life, my family has been more understanding and silently provides me with the space I need to grow. Personally, I'm not the type of person where I love being controlled. I hate boundaries. I hate it when I'm trapped in a cage. So, freedom and space are the things I need most for growth. I'm so sorry that it seems like I'm falling out of track, but I would ensure anyone that I'm not. It's just that I've realised it's so important to spend time with my friends. I've always been a loner to be honest, I've always had the insecurity that anyone could backstab me so perhaps it's better to stay on the outside while everyone else is having fun being in the circle of friendship. But I believe I've found the right friends and I can't be happier being out with them. I can't thank them enough of how we click and how many common interests we share. 

All in all, I've learnt so much in just a span of few months and still have soooo much to learn along this journey. 😊

No comments: