Thursday, April 24, 2014

You're your own enemy

Lately I've been thinking what are the pressors for low self esteem... 

Is it jealousy? Judgement? Any form of assessment? 

Or could it be... yourself? 

The latter is my personal answer. 

The reasons being, 
1. I noticed I would always shrug off compliments such as "you're smart", "don't worry, you can definitely do it because you're Yi Sin." Even though my grades are shown through assessments,but they don't usually boost my esteem TOO much. (Though it does sometimes but I really don't wanna let it get to my head) 

2. Since young I've been provided with all the basic necessities and there isn't much for me to feel jealous of. Though there's different degree of how much people deserve what they get, I don't think jealousy affects me much. (If you talk about spoilt brats then it's a totally different story. Haha) 

3. Judgement. The world is so full of it that makes me sick. To be honest, I only care about lecturers' (or teachers back then) comments because they're mostly constructive and help me grow to be better, instead of those noises trying to sound like they know you. What I can say is, 90% of what people think is, you are not good enough. 

I think we are our own devil and angel because... Simply put, you know yourself best. Even if you hear bad remarks which are meant to bring you down, it won't affect you if you let it slide, because you know it's not true! 

We all have an angel and a devil inside us... Whichever wins, is the one we feed

Till then! 


No comments: